RachelAmphlett

RachelAmphlett

House for All Seasons

Becoming a True Spiritual Community: A Profound Vision of What the Church Can Be - Larry Crabb With Jenn J. McLeod’s “Shimmering Season” only just released, I’d read some comments on other blogs that although "Simmering Season" was a standalone novel, it would be worth my while reading “House for all Seasons” first. I’m so glad I did.

The introduction of the fictional setting of Calingary Crossing in this first novel by Jenn J. McLeod is charming, insightful, and addictive reading.

When four estranged friends find out they’ve inherited a house back in their home town, their emotions range from frustration, fear, resolution and wonder. Being thrust back into the painful memories of their teenage years, the four women are forced to stand back and take a long hard look at where their lives have taken them – and the choices they’ve made.

This is so much more than a story of four friends though – it’s about how secrets are misinterpreted, misunderstood and hidden under masks of normality.

“House for all Seasons” doesn’t try to offer comfort to its four protagonists either. This is a story about facing up to the past, gaining understanding and then accepting what has happened, before moving on – and often in a way which is least expected.

A very enjoyable read – for any season.